In this case, it wa as simple as sewing up some quick covers. Naturally I wanted it to coordinate with her room and that was easy because I used the bedskirt for her bed!
For the back of the seat, I simply cut a a rectangle and sewed up the top and the side leaving the
bottom (already hemmed, thanks to the manufacturer!) open to slip over the back.
In my fabric stash I found a great piece of purple stretch velvetine. I folded that in half, just like the bedskirt material and sewed up two sides again, making a sleeve to slip over the seat.
Finally, for the skirt....literally, I made an elastice waistband skirt. I cut more of the bed skirt fabric and folded the top over to make a "waistband" for the elastic. I ran elastic through it and sewed the two ends together. There's a great tutorial here at DanaMadeIt.
It was an easy project that was quick to make. I dare venture to say, you could get the same results with iron-on fusable tape instead of sewing. It turned a chair into a little throne!