Thursday, September 6, 2012

Simple Lampshade

Looky-looky what I found at Hubby's storage...A dingy old lamp shade, dirty and yucky.


But it's a good thing I did find it because I needed a new lampshade for a nightstand lamp.
So the first thing I did was cut off the "fabric" which is actually a thin plastic sheet like the plastic tablecloths you get at the dollar store. So I cut it all off and had just the frame.
 
The material I chose to cover was easy to find. I have TONS of left over tulle from our wedding up in the attic. So I brought it  on down.
 I cut the tulle into strips about 5 inches wide and 18 inches long.
 
Then all I did was tie each strip from bottom to top in a pretty random pattern.
 
When I was done covering the frame, I trimmed the top.
 
I attached a flower embellishment and it's done! You could add trim, a bow or anything else you like.
 
 
Love it!! Oh, I forgot to tell Daddy McD I was adding something cute to his side of the bed....
 
 
 
 

No comments: